Decision Making

I had finished embroidering all of the letters on the challah cover.  I needed to figure out what to do for a border.

 

The bride loves golf and white. I thought that perhaps painting gild vines on white velvet would work.

SAM_3349

It’s ok but is missing something.

 

I then thought that perhaps stitching with gold thread on the white velvet would do the trick.

 

First I tried with the bronze thread.

SAM_3350

The quote The Roches  it was a big nothing.

So I tried with a bright gold thread.

SAM_3351

That isn’t much better.

 

My son suggest that I keep going with the gold painted scrollwork. It’s nice living with someone with a good eye and good taste. My son was right. I kept filling in the velvet with more scrolls and vines.

SAM_3365SAM_3366

I’m pretty pleased with the result. My husband keeps suggesting that a touch of a dark color would be really nice.

 

If I were making this challah cover for my husband I would. Some dark brown might be lovely here.

But this is not a gift for my husband. This challah cover is going to a bride who loves gold and white with ivory. I have taupe silk shantung that will serve as the backing.

 

I will bring this to the family  pre-wedding dinner on Friday.

Comments