Some details from the neighborhood

Someone recently asked me what it’s like to see with an artist’s eye. I replied that I didn’t know how to see any other way.

I have taken to taking my camera with me and taking pictures of the things that catch my eye as I go around the neighborhood.

SAM_4769

I live in a visually rich place.

SAM_4745

I had once spent the summer in the Texas Hill Country. It was so bare there you looked at the spaces between things to make sense of your environment.

 

Here you see pattern on top of pattern. Shapes on top of shapes.

SAM_4747

There is always something to catch my eye.SAM_4763

SAM_4762

SAM_4746

One’s eyes are always full here. There is so much to take in.

SAM_4750

SAM_4764

Comments

  1. Yes, yes, yes! Everywhere I see inspiration! Probably why I love Paris so much, but I can get inspiration from just about anything.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I moderate comments to weed out bots.It may take a little while for your comment to appear.